Thursday, December 27, 2007

Guesstimates on December 27, 8:36 am ET

Spiders - March S&P E-mini Futures: Last Friday’s price action completed a well formed and very unusual “island” reversal in the e-minis using only regular hours trading data. I think this means that the 1446 low last week ended the drop from 1537 in the March contract. Support beneath the market is at 1480-45. I think the market has begun a move to 1600 and above. I plan to be a buyer near support in the 1480-85 zone but I’ll let you know when I put in my orders.

QQQQ: The Q’s are headed for 54.20 and eventually to the 60 level.

TLT - March Bonds: Resistance above the market is at 116-24. I think that a drop of 7-10 points is underway. TLT is headed for 87.

March 10 Year Notes: Resistance above the market is at 113-16. I think the notes have started a drop of about 5 points.

Euro-US Dollar: I think the euro is establishing a long-lasting top. I think this market is headed for 139.00 before a substantial rally can begin.

Dollar-Yen: I think the yen is headed upward in a multi-month move. Initial upside target is 117.00. Support is at 109.50.

XLE - OIH - USO – February Crude: The market is headed for 79.50. Crude has reached 96.50 resistance and the downtrend should now resume. USO should drop to 56, OIH to 140 and XLE to 60.

GLD - February Gold: I still think gold futures still have a shot at the 873 level but a drop below support at 780 will mean that an extended decline has started.

SLV - March Silver: I think is now is likely that the 1644 high in March silver will hold and that an extended decline has begun. The current rally should halt at a lower top near the 1570 level.

Google: GOOG is headed for 760.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr. Futia:

Should we be looking for the 20 ma of advancing issues to make new highs, thereby restarting the 2-4 month countdown?

Thanks,
Jim

Carl Futia said...

The 20 day ma has made new highs for the rally from its November low but the countdown only is valid if the averages also make new bull market highs (not necessarily at the same time). If they do then a top would be due sometime between late February and late April.

Anonymous said...

Hi Carl,
Have a happy and prosperous new year!

As always, thanks for your effort, expert observations and engaging commentaries.
Don

Anonymous said...

Hey Carl. Happy holidays.
Are we getting close to a buy in the ES?
I am watching 1480 level. It got to 1490.25 so far

Anonymous said...

Nice AAII sentiment for the bulls

Bullish: 30.00%
Bearish: 50.00%

(12/26/07)

http://www.aaii.com/