Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Demand Shock ? !!

Here is a 30 minute bar chart of the e-mini day sessions for the past two weeks. I think something important is happening today. It looks like a demand shock has hit the market. If I am right about this then this morning's low is the low of the reaction and the e-minis are now on the way to 872 and higher.

The first thing to notice is that the volume during today's first half hour was the highest of the past two weeks and occurred while the market was rallying. I didn't put a lot of weight on this at the time because the e-minis retraced most of this early rally. But then between 11 am and noon there was a second high volume rally. This time the volume during that hour was bigger than at the same time of day on any of the past 10 trading days (horizontal green lines). This qualifies as a demand shock, especially since the market is bouncing off the 825 midpoint support level in the process.

If this is indeed a demand shock reactions should be limited to 8-10 points.

3 comments:

JM said...

I was wondering if yesterday was a fake-out before we set a new high this week, with subsequent pullback over the next couple weeks.

This looks promising.

Thanks, Carl.

janet said...

Looks like a demand shock to me, yesterday so many traders had the hots to sell down this market and they got their wish. I would say that now we are no longer over-bought which is a really bullish set-up, IMHO. Carl, can you email me with an address to mail a check to you, I want to send you 50.00 for my voluntary annual membership, I prefer not to use paypal (however I will if you insist) I also encourage everyone who reads your blog on a regular basis to do the right thing and donate also.

Carl Futia said...

Janet:

My email address can be found via the link on the right hand side of the blog called "view my complete profile".

I cannot e-mail you until you send me your e-mail address via this link!!!