Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Bonds and TLT



Here are daily charts of the March T-bond futures and the Shearson 20 year bond index ETF. I last commented on these markets here.

I think the rally from the recent low points is about over. Both the bonds and the TLT should soon begin a drop that will carry to new lows for the decline from the December top. But I also think that these markets are about to establish important low points. The next big move should be upward from these upcoming lows. I expect to see the TLT trade at 95 and the bonds at 120 later this year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carl,
Wouldnt a $3 drop from $88 take the TLT to $85?

Thanks for the great work!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Carl

Chinese market is on fire. I wonder if you could comment on $SSEC ( Shanghai index ) in the stockchart.com. Just interesting to see how thing get boiled (your words ) and dropped, how it will evolve in the future