Friday, September 07, 2007

Guesstimates on September 7, 8:50 am ET

Spiders - September S&P Futures: The S&P’s broke below yesterday’s low on the employment number this morning. If they continue down below 1460 I shall conclude that the market is headed down into the 1400-20 zone.

QQQQ: Should the Q’s drop below 48.50 today I shall conclude that the market is headed down into the 47.00 – 47.50 zone. The bull market high so far is 50.66 and later this year the market should be trading well above that level.

TLT - December Bonds: The bonds still show no sign of weakness so I think this market will make it up to 113-00 before an extended drop starts. Meantime support beneath the market stands at 110-28. TLT has reached the 89.00 level and I think the next development will be a drop into the 80-81 range.

December 10 Year Notes: The notes have reached 109-28 resistance but still show no sign of weakness. I think that the market has a good shot at reaching the 110-16 level before the extended drop I have been expecting begins.

Euro-US Dollar: The market broke well above 136.60 resistance this morning so I conclude that it is headed for the 141.00 level.

Dollar-Yen: Support in the yen is at 113.25. Looking ahead several months I expect to see the 130 level during the next 12 months.

XLE - OIH - USO – October Crude: Crude reached 76.50 resistance yesterday and I expect the market to soon begin a drop below the 67.00 level. I think that the market will drop below 50.00 over the next 12 months. Both XLE and OIH are headed much lower. The 58.00 level looks like resistance in USO.

GLD - December Gold: The move above the 700 level yesterday means that gold is headed for 730. I think gold will soon start a decline which will carry it to 500 and below.

SLV - December Silver: Silver now looks like it is headed for the 1330 level. I think silver will soon start a drop which will carry it below 900 and SLV below 90.

Google: I think support near 485 will hold and that a rally to 600 or higher is underway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Carl

Looks the Shanghai index starts to break now, I noticed that the volumn for this up leg is much low than previous one. I used your method to work out the target, which is 5490, it is close to your original target. According to my relatives over there, the inflation is really heating up. The move up of gold may reflect this fundamental. This also reflects in WMT's price.

Thanks as always
JH

Anonymous said...

It's just like 1987 again says Mr Greenspan, responsible ? Thank god its not october then!

Anonymous said...

Alan Greenspan- Oktober 1987
http://www.reuters.com/article/ousiv/idUSN0640900320070907

Is Deutsche Bank shorting the market ? How come a former FED chief make such a statement, if not to make it worse?