Thursday, January 22, 2009

Waiting

Here is a 5 minute bar chart of the past two day sessions in the e-minis. The 820 level is the green line. The blue dotted lines delimit today's trading range thus far.

I got long near the open but sold my longs on the wide range, increasing volume break below 820 (red arrows). This proved to be premature because there was no follow through selling. But I always prefer safe to sorry to keep losses small.

At the moment the market is stuck in neutral with no aggressive buying or selling visible today. I think the breakout from this blue-dotted range will be to the upside. But I plan to follow a breakout in either direction provided it occurs on visibly increasing volume.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff, Carl. I'm currently long, but will exit if we get below about 822. Thanks for the intraday updates. Even if I disagree with you, I alway enjoy reading about what you're thinking and looking for as you trade.

Jeff