Monday, May 11, 2009

Looking bullish

Here is a five minute bar chart of today's e-mini day session. After the early break I thought this market would drop to 900 or a bit lower. But then the bearish cylinders started to misfire. By 1:30 pm New York time (the time on this chart is Chicago time, one hour earlier) the market had still not broken its low of the first half hour. This is not what I expect to see in a bearish market so I covered the rest of my short position.

I was lucky in my timing. A minute later the market rallied a quick three points and broke out above several highs made today (green dashed line). Volume jumped (green arrows). And all of this happened after a higher low was established (green horizontal lines). So I bought one unit on the breakout.

If I am reading the market correctly, the e-minis will not drop below the low of the wide range breakout bar. I think this market could rally to 925 during the rest of the session.

No comments: