Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Breakout Imminent

Here is a five minute chart of the e-mini day sessions. I am long two units at an average of 863.00.

I think this market is about to stage a high volume upside breakout from its 830-870 trading range. The initial surge should carry to 900 or so. I am revising my range estimate for today to 859-880 (blue rectangle) and think we have already seen the day's low. The low point of this range occurred just above midpoint support based on yesterday's late reaction (dotted purple line). Today's open above that line and subsequent strength above 860 convinced me that I had to get long.

For the rest of today I am leaning on yesterday's high (dashed red line) as support. I don't expect to see any reaction of more than 9-12 points before the market reaches 900 or so.

No comments: