Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Guesstimates on June 25, 8:20 am ET

Spiders - September S&P E-mini Futures: I think that support at 1300 will hold and that the next big move in the S&P’s will be upward. It will probably take a few days of sideways trading before the rally can begin. Meantime today’s Fed news will probably result in 15 point swings to either side of 1320 but I am guessing that today’s close will not be too different from yesterday’s.

QQQ: I think the Q’s will hold support in the 45-46 range and then begin a rally to 55.

TLT - September Bonds: I don’t see any sign of an important low shaping up so I think the bonds will drop to 109-110 before turning upward again. Resistance stands at 115. TLT has nearly reached its 88 target.

September 10 Year Notes: The notes have reached the 111 level but there is still no sign of a significant low. I think the market will continue down to 109. Resistance stands at 113-24.

Euro-US Dollar: Resistance is still at 158.00. I think the market is on its way to 140.

Dollar-Yen
: The yen is headed for 112.00. Support is now at 103.00.

XLE - OIH - USO – August Crude: Long term resistance remains in the 135-37 range and makes me think that the market’s next big move will be downward into the 112-115 zone. A close above 140 will change my mind about this prognosis and mean that the market is headed for 160-165.

GLD - August Gold: I think gold is headed for 750. Resistance is at 910.

SLV - July Silver
: I think the trend in silver is downward and will carry the market at least to 1400.

Google: I am raising my downside target for Google to 525. I think GOOG will then begin a move to 750 or above.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carl is it possible to add the financial etf xlf to your guessestimates? thanks again for all your work.