Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Range Estimate

Here is the 5 minute bar chart of today's e-mini day session. So far sellers are in control of the market. After a higher open prices have been dropping as volume has increased.

I am estimating a 25-30 point 24 hour range for today. Yesterday's was 35 points and Friday's was 26 points. So far today's high has been 715 and a 27 1/2 point drop from there would put the market at the low edge of the blue rectangle you see on the chart. I plan to be a buyer there. At this juncture I think a move above the 715 level on high volume would mean that the day's low is in place.

6 comments:

PM said...

Hi Carl,

I just went long at 704.00, I'll add if we move lower.

Thanks.

Kindest regards,

PM

Anonymous said...

Pm just curious, why do you report your trades to Carl??Regards.

Anonymous said...

Carl,

First off, great job with your blog. I was wondering why you didn't go short one unit at the time you put out your range estimate. That seems like a positive expectancy bet in that the market trend is down and as you wrote, the sellers are in control. You can't predict a retest of 700 but at that point it seemed likely.

Anonymous said...

long at 700 and 694 ES.

I plan to buy the whole market at 680, if we see it.

Rick B.

Anonymous said...

I show 6717 is a weekly pivot point on my chart. Trying a small long with a tight stop

Anonymous said...

Carl

I bought @ 793.....it looks weaker than before.
I'm out on a new low.

Brent