Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Guesstimates on May 3, 8:50 am ET

June S&P Futures: I think that the market is on its way to 1350.  Support is still at 1309.  

June Bonds: I think the bonds will rally to 107-12

June 10 Year Notes: The notes will rally to 106-00.  

Euro-US Dollar: The market is stalling at 126.50 resistance and I think the next big move should carry from here to below 116.

Dollar-Yen: The market reached my downside target at the 112.50 level. The next big move in the dollar-yen will be upward. Resistance today is at 114.20.

June Crude: The  upside target at the 74.30 level, the 7 5/8 multiple of the all time low at 9.75, has been reached and I think the market is on its way below $60.

June Gold: The market has moved well above the 661 level which is strong resistance as the 2 5/8 multiple of the 252 low. However, I suspect that it won’t spend much time above there. Resistance today is at 680.

July Silver: I am still looking for a top in silver below the 1484 level reached April 19. Resistance today is at 1445. I also think that the next big move will be downward to 920.

Google: It looks like the drop from 455 is only the first phase of a three phase correction. I expect a rally into the 425-430 zone and then another drop to 360 or so. I still think GOOG will make it to 495 before it drops below 331.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

carl,
I shorted gold at 630, but it keeps rising. What is happening?
Thanks for your postings.
nate

Anonymous said...

Nate, sorry for your loss but it is quite dangerous to follow Carls forecasts on a short term basis - I am sure gold will sell-off some day :)

Carl Futia said...

Click on the link on the right hand side of this blog entitled "READ THIS FIRST". In that post I emphatically urge people NOT to speculate. This is why I don't recommend trades and stop loss prices etc. on this blog.

Profitable trading requires professional level skills as well as an "edge" that few other people share. The forecasts posted on this blog can help you if you already have an "edge" on other traders. But if you do NOT have an "edge", then you must NOT speculate and you should read this blog for fun only.